Springboard Danse Montréal – Emerging Choreographer Application
When: 5th June 2022 – 25th June 2022
Where: Montreal, QC, Canada
THE PERKS OF BEING AN EMERGING CHOREOGRAPHER
- 15+ dancers in your cast
- 24 hours of rehearsal time with your cast
- Access to studio space in the morning during the project (upon request)
- Opportunity to create either:
- 6-minute Proscenium work, or
- 20-minute Installation work
- Present your work at the final showing alongside 9 Principal companies from Canada, Germany, Israël, Norway, United States and the UK.
- Platform to present previously created work for a public audience
- 15 hours of workshops with the Principal Companies during Week One
- Opportunity to observe Principal Companies during Week Two & Three rehearsals
- 450+ invited guests at the final showing, including Presenters, Agents, Managers & Artistic Directors representing companies from Canada, the United States & countries from overseas
- Free downloadable link to the video of the final showing
- EMERGE Choreographic Award
To apply as an Emerging Choreographer, you must complete the following:
Please note that partial applications will be discarded.
A link to recent work
Footage should feature your most recent work that best represents your current explorations. An example of group work is recommended, as the selected Emerging Choreographers will be working with an average cast size of 15 dancers.
A copy of your choreographic resumé
A letter of recommendation that speak to your practices as a as a choreographer
A proposal for a work, either written (up to 500 words) or oral (up to 3 minutes spoken)
This proposal should indicate your preference to create for the stage or an installation setting. If you would like to be considered for both, please include two proposals with your application.
A personal artistic statement (one-page maximum), either written (up to 250 words) or oral (up to 2 minutes spoken)
The application fee of $40* USD, payable via PayPal upon registration
*A processing fee of $5 USD will be applied upon checkout.
Application close date: 7th January 2022